Friday, January 1, 2010

New weightloss blog

My arm after the wonderful heparin shots.
Another view of the lovely drain they left in there, which by the way gets removed Tuesday!



My arm after the surgery after the IV they gave me.



My belly with the drain.


another one of my arm. I hate that tape, it always leaves such nasty looking tape marks.

Profile before




Before the surgery!
















So I thought I would start this, as kind of a journal to journal my weightloss success. I started this thing at 220 pounds as of Novemeber 1st. Before surgery I was 201 pounds. I just had my surgery , a gastric sleeve, done on Tuesday, December 29th, 2009. Surgery went great. The Surgeon, Doc. Mcdonald, said he got it done in one less cut as usual, was in there half the time, and I was healing much faster then anyone he had done before. Now anyone who knows me, or any of the Barker's, knows we are very stubborn, and HATE hospitals, and will DO WHATEVER to get out of them. So of course I pushed myself. I also think becuase I recieved a blessing before surgery, I do believe having the spirit with me and those who worked on me, helped it out. I came home after only two full days in the hospital, including the day of surgery. That third morning, I came home. Unheard of huh??? But the Doc seems to think I am doing well enough to go home, and knows my heart was really at home! Being home with my kids really helps me to heal quicker! So here is my pics of before and after the surgery.

No comments:

Post a Comment